Friday, February 14, 2014

'House Of Cards' Season 2 Premiere Review: Frankly, It's Perfection

http://goo.gl/N81J0f
'House Of Cards' Season 2 Premiere Review: Frankly, It's Perfection
I'm going to be honest right out of the gate: I thought the latter half of "House Of Cards" Season 1 was in fact weak, full of too many extraneous characters I had simply no investment in. Furthermore, I felt that Kevin Spacey's Frank had way too much power for a Whip. He not only out-manoeuvred the vice-president and president, but he swayed so many opinions across the government it made the other politicians seem like complete morons. Frank is good, but not that good. So when I turned on the Season 2 premiere, I was fully expecting to fast-forward some of it. Imagine my surprise when I not only enjoyed the first episode, I absolutely loved it. I'll go a few steps further: the "House Of Cards" Season 2 premiere is probably the very best hours of TV I've watched in recent memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment